Functional safety (FuSa)
With the large number of control devices in today’s applications, the functional safety of electronic systems plays a significant role. Functional safety means freedom from an unacceptable risk that can arise from hazards – caused by malfunctions of electrical or electronic systems. For many industries, guidelines and safety standards exist that contain specifications regarding the individual processes and the technical realization of functional safety.
A key standard to which we are certified is ISO 26262 for road vehicles, which was published in November 2011 as an industry-specific standard for functional safety based on the generic safety standard IEC 61508. However, we also work and develop according to the following guidelines and standards:
- ISO 13849 Safety of machinery – Safety-related parts of control systems
- ISO 26262 Road vehicles – Functional safety
- DIN EN 50126 Railway applications – Specification and verification of reliability, availability, maintainability, safety
- DIN EN 50128 Railway applications – Telecommunication, signalling and data processing systems – Software for railroad control and monitoring systems
- DIN EN 50155 Railway applications – Electronic equipment on railroad vehicles
- IEC 60730 Automatic electrical controls for household and similar use
- IEC 61508 Functional safety of safety-related electrical/electronic/programmable electronic systems
- IEC 61784-3-3 Industrial communication networks – Profiles – Part 3: Functionally safe transmission in fieldbuses – General rules and specifications for profiles
- IEC 62061 Safety of machinery – Functional safety of safety-related electrical, electronic and programmable electronic control systems
As a service provider for functionally safe devices in battery, control and regulation technology, we know from our own developments the particularities of implementing the standards and help our customers to develop their products competitively and in accordance with the respective standard.
One goal two ways
Development project – The customized path to a safe product
- Your application is classified
- Joint identification of relevant laws, directives, regulations, standards and norms
- Selection of suitable Futavis components and products (hardware & software)
- Development of customized product
Application project – Safety off the shelf
- Your application is classified
- Joint identification of application-relevant laws, directives, regulations, standards and norms
- Selection of suitable & certified products of Futavis
- Software adaptation for parameter setting to the respective application case
- Derivation of necessary documentation from existing standard documents
Quality can be ensured at various points in the development and manufacturing process. Starting with the hardware and software development as well as the purchase of high-quality components and certified suppliers up to the end-of-line testing of every battery or battery component produced.
Quality management according to ISO 9001
As a system development partner, it is a matter of course for Futavis GmbH to achieve and maintain the necessary certificates and accreditations. Quality and environmental protection are our top priorities. Thus, our quality management system is certified according to ISO 9001:2015.
Quality management in the automotive industry according to IATF 16949, VDA Volume 6
IATF 16949 represented an extension of the ISO 9001 quality management standard for the automotive industry. The aim of the standard is to effectively improve system and process quality in order to increase customer satisfaction, identify errors and risks in the production process and supply chain, eliminate their causes, and check the effectiveness of corrective and preventive measures taken. The focus is not on detection, but on avoiding errors.
The IATF represents a federation of national automotive associations. Each of these implements the requirements of the standard in its own standards. In Germany, these are the standards of the VDA. Here, the process audit according to VDA Volume 6.3 ensures conformity to the standards. Thus, Futavis has undergone these audits by customers several times. Conversely, we also audit our suppliers with the help of auditors from our parent company Deutz AG to ensure our high quality in the supply chain as well.
As a system development partner, it is a matter of course for Futavis GmbH to achieve and maintain the necessary certificates and accreditations. Product quality and safety are our top priorities. The following is a selection of currently valid certifications: